Monday, April 12, 2010

Hoyas join Jerry

I went to a U Conn vs Georgetown tennis match recently. It was a tough match, and I was concentrating on the play when I noticed one of the Gtown girls, Vicky, was wearing a red "relentless" bracelet, the same one pictured on our JoinJerry2010 site and the one that Jerry has been wearing. I looked around and noticed that Vicky's doubles partner that day, Elizabeth, wore a bracelet too. Then I scanned all the Gtown girls, those on the court and those watching. Everyone had a bracelet. I was moved and mentioned this to Michelle, who sported her own bracelet and then asked me look at the Gtown coach. He had one too. So did some of the fans in the crowd who were watching and many of the swimmers who I saw later in the day at a banquet. Many of these athletes don't know Jerry personally but are moved by his story. Hoya Saxa.

1 comment:

  1. the bracelet wearers all helped me participate in the join jerry wet t-shirt contest:)


    just kiddingg....kinda

    ReplyDelete