Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Message from Jerry: "A Long Process"

"Sorry for lying low, but it’s been hectic lately. Thanks again for all the support and for those of you that attended the dinner. I appreciate your emotional and financial support. It’s been an amazing and humbling experience. I’m feeling pretty good but I’m learning that this is ...a long process. Though I got out of Duke in record time, there is still a lot to do. I’ve had some stomach and other problems but we are working through them. I see the docs a lot, in Charlotte and at Duke, but it’s great to be at home and not a hotel. It’s been challenging here of late. My daughter Lindsey was in the hospital for a week with some bizarre infection last week. Of course, I was banned from the hospital, so I couldn’t visit. That was tough. On top of that, my son Michael was playing his first scrimmage at middle linebacker and broke his arm this weekend. He’s handling it well. Just another challenge. We laugh and smile everyday. Love to you all."

No comments:

Post a Comment