Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 months: Is that all?

This has been a memorable four months. We lost dad two weeks before Jerry's transplant. Dad wanted to stay but knew it was his time. He made me promise to take care of Jerry, which is a little like promising to take care of a wild bull. I did my best, of course, but Jerry did all the work. His spirit and humor carried us all through. He inspired people from around the country and world to wear relentless bands and consider joining the bone marrow registry. Facebook photos of relentless band wearers have been inspiring, touching and entertaining to all of us. He is now actively involved in an effort that will result in reaching out to thousands of potential marrow donors across the country. The outpouring of love has helped him and all of us who love him. Thanks for your support along the way and for reading this blog. Here is the latest update from Jerry: "Well, it's been about 4 months and I am starting to feel much better. I am taking a lot less medicine (for now) and that has lifted the "fog" I have been in for awhile. I hope to replace the medicine with beer at some point. But then the whole fog thing will be back. Thanks for all the support, and laughs. Also, please consider registering as a potential bone marrow donor. Registering is easy and if contacted, you would be asked to save someone's life. Pretty cool. Donating marrow or stem cells is easy. If my brother can do it, anyone can do it. Thanks!"
Join the Registry - Be The Match Bone Marrow Registry
www.marrow.org

No comments:

Post a Comment