Sunday, June 27, 2010

A nasty drug

In the last 24 hours, the chemo drugs are proving to be as nasty as their reputation suggests. Jerry had a reaction to one of them and ran a 102 fever for the last 12 hours. He is quiet, which means that he is not happy. The tv is on but he is mostly in and out of sleep. When he wakes up, he just looks over and smiles to me as if to say, "you still here"? The nurses keep telling me how pleasant he is, but I know he is really annoyed at the drug causing the trouble....We have moved from the clinic to the hospital, but I am sure that is a temporary step and that he will be better soon.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of all of you and praying every day! Thank you for keeping us informed. It feels like we are closer even though we are miles away.

    My thoughts are with you.
    Love,
    Patty (A) C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Vinnie for keeping us up to date! All of you are in our thoughts and prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry, SWAT is "With You" my friend. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swat is with you.

    ReplyDelete