Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Latest from Jerry

Today is "Day 13" according to the Cancer docs at the Bone Marrow Clinic. That means that it has been 13 days since I received my brother's stem cells (ie, bone marrow). The week prior to that was a little rough on everyone. Anthony was a trooper and endured painful shots and two long days of "harvesting." I was hospitalized and turned puking into a fun daily activity. Thankfully, my sister was there to keep it all together. We could not have done it without her. This last week has been good. My blood tests show that many of my numbers are rising, as expected. I feel good and actually worked out a little today. I understand that this is the quiet before the storm. We'll see. The only downside is that every day has become the same and somewhat boring. It's become Groundhog Day. But the Docs say boring is good. Thanks for the continued support, notes, emails, prayers, etc. It helps me poke cancer in the chest and say "is that all you got?" It's not me vs. all this. It is all of us vs. all this. How can we lose? Thanks again.

4 comments:

  1. Jerry,
    You are so amazing and have been through so much. I am so happy you are having a good week and your numbers are rising. Thanks for keeping us posted! Saw your buddy T.J. last night. Boy, does he have stories to tell :)
    Stay well!
    Love,
    Patty (A) C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jerry:

    You are my Hero.... Keep up the fight. I need you to start teaching the IDC again!!!

    BE RELENTLESS!

    Kathy M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up Rock star? I called a friend of ours who happened to be sleeping in Cairo to get some news of you and he pointed me to your website. Im glad to hear you're doing ok. We miss you down here. The beer just does'nt taste the same. Stay strong and watch your 6.

    Greg and Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jerry,
    You still look great even 20lbs. lighter. We missed you at the benefit, but I know you were there in spirit. It was great to see so many old friends, it was like a PV reunion...Wow, what a blast! You are an inspiration to so many people including me and I feel honored to be your cousin. My thoughts and prayers are with you always. Love, Rosann

    ReplyDelete